Quality of Life for the Elderly
The aging of the european population represents a major social challenge. It is necessary to find innovative ways to guarantee elderly people a life in good quality, when they need suppport and care.
Research in the field of Aging Issues aims at the developement of new concepts for healthcare and social care services for the elderly. It focusses on technical solutions in the field of assistant technologies and ICT (especially e-health), systems for diagnosis, telemonitoring and prevention. There is also research with focus on the optimization of care systems, including the use of community resources.
Aging Issues is an interdisciplinary field of research, combining the scientific competences of the research centers in Linz and Hagenberg: socio-economic know-how in the areas of social and health care management, technical know-how in the field of medical technology and medical informatics. Basic research and application-oriented development complement each other.
For the development of demand-oriented human-computer systems, special software engineering methods and tools are needed. The research group designs and develops adaptive and assistive systems, considering specific personal limitations (e.g. by age or disability) and requirements (e.g. in work life).
Modern healthcare systems require IT-support of integrated care (e-health) as well as the technical and semantic interoperability (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise - IHE). In addition to the technical implementation this group is also researching health care processes and care management.
- FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Josef Altmann
- Mag. Klemens Auinger MPA
- FH-Prof. DI Dr. Werner Backfrieder
- FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Paul Brandl
- FH-Prof. Dr. Irmtraud Ehrenmüller
- FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Jürgen Hagler
- FH-Prof. Dr. techn. Jean D. Hallewell Haslwanter MSc BS
- FH-Prof. PD Dr. Thomas Haslwanter
- FH-Assistenzprof. Emmanuel Helm MSc
- FH-Prof. PD DI Dr. Johann Kastner
- Dr. Carolin Kollewe
- FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Renate Sabine Kränzl-Nagl
- FH-Assistenzprof. Oliver Krauss BSc MSc
- FH-Prof. Dr. Johannes Kriegel MBA MPH
- FH-Prof. DI Dr. Werner Christian Kurschl
- FH-Prof. DI (FH) Dr. Michael Lankes
- Prof.Dr. Markus Lehner
- FH-Prof. Arch. DI Dr. Herbert Claus Leindecker
- Mag. (FH) Dr. Margit Mayr
- FH-Prof. DI Dr. Herwig Mayr
- FH-Prof. Dr. Brigitta Nöbauer
- DI (FH) Bernhard Plank MSc.
- FH-Assistenzprof. Andreas Hannes Schuler BSc MSc
- Sascha Senck Dipl.-Biol. PhD
- Barbara Traxler MSc
- DI (FH) Dr. Gerald Adam Zwettler MSc